Thursday, October 28, 2010

A week in the Vegan Life...



I am amazed at the interest in my now "60 Day" journey into the Vegan life. At minimum once per day, sometimes more, I have someone approach me and tell me that my facebook posts have made them curious. What do you eat? How much weight have you lost? How do you feel?

So...


The food:


Today:
B-Fast: Banana with peanut butter and Ezekiel Bread. Coffee.
Snack: Trader Joes Soy Yogurt with granola
Lunch: 2 Huge Black Bean and Broccoli wraps with/ Red Pepper Hummus
Snack: Almond, raisins, and two fig bars
Dinner: Indian Food with a spinach wrap
Snack: Hemp Protein shake with strawberries and banana

How do I feel?

Though I was really trying to rule out the Vegan lifestyle as a silly option for folks, I have been amazed at the results. As much as I would love to have a huge hamburger, the trade wouldn't be worth it. I feel better than I have in 20 years. I train harder, fit into my clothes better..and rarely feel tired. There is no hamburger worth giving that up. :)

STATS:

Started at 134 pounds on approx September 1, 2010
Currently: 121 Pounds

No comments:

Post a Comment