Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving Craziness!

As I type this, I am sitting in the passenger seat of a vehicle heading North. As far North as one can get in the Midwest without landing squarely in one of the Great Lakes. A friend and I have decided that the best adventure for a Thanksgiving weekend would be to hike into a remote area of a National Forest with nothing but our backpacks and some hunting gear. While we will be staying in a cabin for shelter, it has no electricity, running water or heat. We will have a wood burning stove and, supposedly, some firewood on the porch.

The best part of the trip is that our food source will be the small amount of food in our backpacks and, with some luck, a tasty deer or some squirrel. Yum yum. I may be dreaming of a warm shower and cranberry sauce by Friday night!

News update: It is supposed to snow all weekend and the high on Friday is a whopping 26 degrees. Woohoo!

I will update everyone when I am back in cell service on Sunday! I will have plenty of pictures...hopefully one with my first deer!

1 comment:

  1. Deer aren't vegan! I knew you'd come back to the Dark Side!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete